On completing this topic you should better understand
the role of remote sensing as an information source to applications in
the natural and built environments. You will be able to demonstrate the
application of remotely sensed data in case studies at local, regional
and global scales. As you work through the material you should gain the
knowledge to enable you to address the following questions:
- how is remote sensing contributing to local, regional and global studies
of the Earth?
- what are the strengths and weaknesses of Earth observation by remote
- what are the principles of and relationships between remote sensing,
Earth observation and image procesing?
- what are true colour and false colour composites?
- how does an image analyst interpret Earth observation images?